Waar ben je naar op zoek?
Important information syphilis
- You have received an injection of Benzathinebenzylpenicilline.
- You may experience nausea or diarrhoea after the treatment.
- You may feel pain after the injection into the buttock.
- The buttock can also feel a bit hard.
- Keep moving after the injection to prevent your buttock from becoming stiff.
- On the day of treatment you may experience fever, headache, aching muscles and/or joint pain (flu-like feeling) as a reaction to the antibiotics. You can take painkillers if necessary.
- Do not have sex until 7 days after the treatment.
- Always warn your sex partners to get tested, even if they have no symptoms!
- Download the SpiroV2 app in your app store to keep track of syphilis results yourself.
- Any questions? Do your symptoms last? Please call the GGD nurse at telephone number (050) 3674083 from Mondaytill Friday from 09.00 till 10.30 am.
© GGD Groningen - alle rechten voorbehouden